Many people wonder whether red meat is healthy or not. The truth is that meat is a rich source of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Easily absorbed iron: The iron in red meat is more easily absorbed than iron in vegetables, so this type of meat is perfect for anaemic people.
- High concentration of minerals such as zinc, phosphorus, magnesium and selenium. These elements play a role in cell formation and function, which makes them essential.
- High levels of vitamin B12. This vitamin is necessary for red blood cells formation and the maintenance of the central nervous system.
We must, alongside this, highlight its high protein intake, which is required for many reasons, such as:
- Regeneration of body tissues.
- Strengthenthe body’s defences and immune system.
Furthermore, protein helps to build muscle. That’s why many sports people drink protein shakes for improving performance.
But, why drink powder shakes when you can get protein from natural sources such as meat? Below you can find five meals rich in protein to help you enjoy eating while taking care of yourself.
- Beef Meatballs
- Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs
- Wine-Marinated Grilled Brisket
- Sirloin Steak and Tomato Salad
- Beefy Pizza
It is advisable to eat read meat two or three times a week. Together with a healthy diet and active lifestyle, it helps us to improve our health, appearance and performance in running or any other sport. What are you waiting to help your body in the most delicious way?
Author: Soledad Tedde