Ingredients for beef moussaka
400 gr minced beef
Half a glass of red wine
Half a glass of beef broth
Salt and pepper
For the bechamel sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
10 tablespoons beer (whichever one you like the most)
6 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by cutting the aubergines into slices. Put on a paper towel (or similar) with a little salt to absorb the water. Then we lightly fry them and set them aside.
- Chop the onion and carrot into small cubes. Poach them in a pan. When they are soft, we add finely chopped tomatoes. Leave in the pan to mix everything and create a sauce for the meat.
- Fry the minced beef lightly in a frying pan. Add the tomatoes and vegetables mixture. In addition, add thyme, half a glass of wine and a half cube of meat broth. We let everything cook for about 10 minutes until there is no liquid left.
- Make homemade bechamel sauce with 25 grams of flour, 25 grams of butter and half a liter of milk. Stir it until thick. Have all the components of the moussaka ready.
- Now it’s time to assemble the moussaka. At the base put a first layer of potatoes cut into slices and fried. On top put a layer of aubergines and then a layer of meat. The next layer will be aubergines and then a second layer of meat. Carefully compress it with the back of the spoon to give it shape and make it very compact.
- Finally add the bechamel sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and put the dish in the oven. Let it cook for 20 min at 160º and cook au gratin for 3 min at 220º.
- Remove from the oven and serve.