Feel the American Taste!
1 pound Ground Beef (95% lean) 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs 1 large egg white 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon black pepper 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split Sesame-Soy Mayonnaise: 1/4 cup light mayonnaise 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion, green part only 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Slaw Topping: 1/2 cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage 1/4 cup shredded carrot 1 teaspoon rice vinegar 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine Sesame-Soy Mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine Slaw Topping ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg white, salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes), until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted.
- Spread equal amount of mayonnaise on bottom of each bun, top with burger. Evenly divide Slaw Topping over burgers. Close sandwiches.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.