USMEFS’s Senior Vice President for Trade, Thad Lively, recently participated in the INTERPORC’S III International Forum in Madrid, Spain; focused on some trade issues and international agreements like TTIP, CETA, Mercosur, TPP.
This seminar, that took place in October 14th, was organised by the Spanish White Pork Checkoff Association, with the participation of some relevant speakers:
- Phil Hogan, EU Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development
- Isabel García Tejerina, Spanish Minister of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- María de los Ángeles Benítez, Deputy General Director DG Agri
- Michael Scanner, DG Santé Directorate Food Chain
- Francisco Turra, President ABPA (Associação Brasileira de Proteína Animal)
- Arnaud Petit, Director Commodities and Trade COPA COCEGA
- Thad Lively, Senior Vice-president Trade USMEF
- Manuel García, President INTERPORC
- Alberto Herranz, Executive Director INTERPORC
A large audience of representatives of the Pork industry and Spanish officials attended the seminar, where Mr. Lively had the opportunity to express his view on the effect that some ongoing global agreements are having and will have on the global meat trade.