There are many ways to decorate for Christmas but you should know some tips to create a special atmosphere and not overload the house at holiday dinners. Follow these tips and all your guests will feel comfortable and merry in your home!
- Create levels with your styling. The key to dressing your dining room to impress is to think in layers and tiers. Make paper snowflakes of different sizes and put garlands and large and small lights hung from the ceiling throughout the room at different heights. Also, you can hang some Christmas balls and thus mix different shapes in the decorations.
- Pair the colors well. If you want a classic decoration you can use red and green for everything. But if you want something more elegant or minimalist, use neutral colors like black or white with gold or silver. The most important thing is that all the colors you use combine well with each other.
- Decorate the table but don’t forget the rest. If you decorate the table in one way, use those colors, shapes and style for the rest of the room. Thus, you will be able to create a super Christmas atmosphere in your house.
- Combine authentic Christmas decorations with neutral elements. For example, Use garlands, chandeliers, tealights and use wooden centerpieces, plants or flowers so that the scene is not overloaded.
- Keep it simple. Choose and put the right amount of decorations for the Christmas season and you will create a cozy and special atmosphere that will impress your guests.
The Best Ideas for your Christmas Table
The dining table is the most important part of the Christmas season… So you have to choose well to create a real Christmas atmosphere!
- Centerpiece. Be creative with the centerpiece and you will get an instant impact. You can put something simple like candles, festive flourishes or if you want something more attractive create a mix of Christmas ornaments like lights or garlands.
- Set the scence with lighting. Christmas is all about being cosy, as well as all things twinkly, so use candles along with fairy lights to supplement your usual dining room lighting.
- Table gift. It adds an extra decorative element to the table and all your guests will be happy for the gift.
- Use Christmas decorations for the table. Tree napkin, napkin rings with lights or in the shape of bells. All of these things help create a true Christmas atmosphere at the table.
- Choose the right tablecloth, napkins and silverware. Use special and unique tablecloth, napkins and silverware for Christmas dinner.
Choose the Right Dinnerware to Highlight your Christmas Menu
The most important thing when decorating the table is the perfect combination between the food and the plates and glasses where it is served. If both combine perfectly, your dishes will be the stars of the night!
In addition, choose the dinnerware, napkins and tablecloth according to the menu you are going to cook. If you have a sophisticated and elegant menu and have spent many hours in the kitchen, you should choose fancy decorations with neutral colors and materials to highlight the food.
If you have an informal and fun menu, you can choose more colorful tableware, perhaps with Christmas motifs. And you can’t forget the menu plating! Dishes are important, and the food too, but the decoration on the dishes must be visually beautiful!