Choosing the best combination of beef and pasta for a dish is important. Although they are foods that work well, some mixes are better than others and it depends on the tastes that each person has. Here is a selection of the best types of pasta to eat with beef:
- Macaroni. It is an easy-to-eat, tasty pasta that is used in many dishes. The most typical are macaroni and cheese to which you can add ground beef or a beef sauce.
- Tortellini. Tortellini are the stuffed pasta par excellence. You just have to fill them with beef prepared the way you want, and cook them. Then, you add tomato sauce or cheese and the dish is ready.
- Spaghetti. Spaghetti goes great with any sauce and cut of beef. The most common are beef meatballs with spaghetti and tomato sauce
- Tagliatelle. This pasta is similar to spaghetti but it’s squashed and more rectangular. The flavor is the same, but the shape isn’t. Usually you eat them with beef Stroganoff.
- Lasagna sheets. They are the masterpiece in the beef pasta world. The best way to cook them is with ground beef, leftovers or with a good Bolognese sauce inside.
Best Cuts of Beef for Pasta Dishes
Not all parts of the beef are suitable for a pasta dish. For this reason, we give you a series of tips so that you choose the right cut, the way to cook it and with which pasta to combine it.
Ground beef is perfect for meatballs or lasagna. If you have leftovers of braised beef you can use it for filled pasta. One of the best cuts is tenderloin because it is juicy and tasty, so you can cut it into slices and put it in a warm pasta dish or spaghetti Bolognese.
Classics Recipes with Beef and Pasta
As we have seen, beef and pasta are very versatile foods and you can make many combinations and cook them in many ways. That’s why we give you some classic beef and pasta dishes. The most common that everyone likes are spaghetti and meatballs. It’s a delicious, tasty and very nutritious meal. Also, with ground meat you can cook lasagna or use it to stuff pasta. Another slightly more original dish that both beef and pasta lovers will like is pasta salad with beef.
Really, any combination of beef and pasta can be turned into a tasty dish. You just have to put a little imagination and cook it.